Volunteers are needed specifically for the positions noted below. Please contact any one of our Chapter Board Members for more information or to get involved with any of our Chapter committees: Professional Development, Membership, Communications, Financial, Emerging Professional, Student and Industry Partners. Also, you can visit the calendar of events to find out the latest meeting info. View the full chapter board.
- The Financial Director is responsible for all chapter funds, in the name of the chapter. He or she is responsible for preparing the chapter’s budget, making regular financial reports to the board of directors, rendering an annual financial statement to the chapter membership and maintaining proper financial controls. He or she shall perform all other duties incident to office.
- They will receives financial training provided by ASID headquarters and a briefing on chapter systems from previous financial director and chapter administrator. The financial director serves on the chapter workplan team and works with the president-elect to develop the budget.
- Serves as a voting member of the chapter board of directors
- Receives and deposits all chapter funds in the name of the chapter, in a bank approved by the chapter board of directors
- The chapter administrator may carry out this function.
- Makes authorized disbursements by check after proper approval by the president or chapter board of directors
- Oversees all of the chapter’s checking, savings and investment accounts
- Only the board of directors can open and close bank accounts.
- Serves as signatory on accounts
- Is responsible for payment of all documented committee expenditures
- Prepares monthly reports on the chapter’s income and expenses, bank balances and financial well-being
- Prepares an annual financial statement for the chapter membership
- Prepares or reviews the quarterly chapter financial report, which is required by the Society’s guidelines to be submitted to the Society’s HST.
- Responsible for arranging the preparation and submittal of all tax returns (Forms 990, 990T and any state returns). Chapters are required to use a paid tax professional for returns.
Contact Maria Viola-Kuttruff, Chair of the Nominating Committee, if you would like to nominate someone or if you have any questions.
The Communications Committee produces and coordinates all Chapter communications and is seeking volunteers for the following:
- Social Media Coordinator – oversee and post to Chapter social media including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and explore other sources such as Houzz and Pinterest.
- Blog Coordinator – write in depth articles that are of interest to the interior design trade. Subjects of current topics within the interior design industry. Blog
- Website Coordinator / email ad blasts – maintain events calendar and pages on Chapter website and prepare ad email blasts when needed.
Contact Anna Marks, Communications Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org to offer your assistance or if you have any questions.
Interior Design Awards (IDA)
The IDA’s are the Philadelphia regions Interior Design competition open to all those involved in the built environment including Interior Designers, Architectural and Design Firms (Commercial & Residential), Kitchen & Bath Designers and Interior Decorators. The IDA’s are held bi-annually and the next one will be the 2017-2018 IDA’s. Submissions will be accpeted during the Fall/Winter of 2017 (specific timeline will be announced closer to the Fall) & the Gala will be held in Spring of 2018.
The full committee meets the first Wednesday of each month, and is currently looking for volunteers to serve on the following sub-committees:
- Competition / Awards – determine competition categories and parameters.
- Submissions / Website – coordinate competition submissions for judging and update website with all information.
- Gala – plan and execute the gala venue, program, gift bags and step-and-repeat wall.
- Sponsorship – solicit sponsorship both events.
- Budget – determine budgets based on sponsorship for all facets.
- Public Relations – promotion of competition to industry members and gala.
- Printing Invitation / Ticket Sales – plan and coordinate gala invitations and ticket sales.
Contact Dean Prokopowich, President-Elect, at email@example.com to join a sub-committee or if you have any questions.
Get Involved Nationally
ASID relies on the commitment and dedication of its member volunteers to keep the Society's programs vital to and inform future projects. The following is a current listing of the Society's committees, councils and task forces. For information on leadership opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
List of Committees, Councils & Task Forces
Chapter Support Team
Emerging Professionals Advisory Council
Legislative and Codes Advisory Council
National Examiners Committee
Student Advisory Council